Friday, September 12, 2008

How many blogs are out there?


Cover of Life, 2/18/1926 illustration by John Held.

Welcome to viente vous! Since this is my very first blog ever, I couldn't help but wonder exactly how many blogs are there? How can I make mine different from everyone else blogging about life in their 20's? The short answer is, I don't know. But we'll certainly find out!

So, as I mentioned, these blogs will be about life and specifically work in your "roaring twenties" as my good friend Miriam suggested I call it when I was trying to think of a good name for my baby blog. Of course, that URL was taken, so Viente Vous it is! Why, you ask? Well, the word viente means "twenty" is Spanish, and vous is "you" in French. Why not put them together? Obviously! Seriously though, if anyone feels this is the worst name ever and thinks it will have no appeal to twenty somethings wanting to read, please tell me.

I've wanted to start this blog for a while now, so I am happy to make today the day of my first post, followed my many more. I know at this point, my dear friends and family are the only people reading this, but my hope is to someday soon, spread it towards a wider audience. I'm always taking suggestions and constructive criticism, so go nuts. Thanks for reading my first blog ever and see you again REAL soon. (maybe even this afternoon) Wow, I guess I am a poet now too.

xoxo
Amy

No comments: