Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How I use Facebook



Above image courtesy of instructional.com

With the ever evolving use of social media platforms for business and personal, I find the two ways to use them are overlapping and becoming more blurred. When I started out with Facebook how ever many years ago, it was strictly for myself and my friends to connect. I don't think I was even out of college, so using it for business contacts, wasn't my main goal at that point. I continue to use facebook to keep up with my personal friends, but as my professional life is becoming more marketing oriented, I'm finding the pull to start using it for professional networking as well. I wouldn't normally have a problem with this, but there really are some areas that I want to keep "for friends only". I typically use LinkedIn and Twitter for my professional networking. Can I keep it this way? If I want to evolve with social media (as it's evolving every few hours practically)should I ditch the media platform as a "friends only" form? Social media experts, what do you think?

No comments: