Friday, December 12, 2008

Secrets at work

If you’ve always thought of your office as a fairly professional place, but lately you feel there may be a secret or two going around, what are you to think of it? I am certainly not one to engage in secrets (unless it’s a really good one) Just kidding…

I especially don’t feel that I have too many comrades with whom I would indulge in such scandalous behavior, so I think that my best place in this potential mess is to be a fly on the wall. It’s sort of fun that way. You don’t have to be involved. You just sit at your desk and pretend to be deep in work and not at all listening to the whispers around you, but you can go home and giggle about how silly other people are acting when they’re suppose to be professional. It’s always surprising when you find someone who has been in the working world for so long, closing there door and whispering. I mean, really?

When people begin to whisper and then close their doors right in front of me, I always wonder what it is they are thinking. Clearly, I know something strange is going on…oh well!

2 comments:

Olde Town Style Guide said...

I know exactly what you mean!! There is a man and a woman in the office..that I really should refer to as a boy and a girl as immature as they act! They lovvvve gossiping around the office and you can constantly hear them whispering in the halls and giggling...

Listen, I enjoy a laugh or two every now and then as much as the next person...but you have to realize you are being unprofessional when you are known as the "office gossips"!!!

KMV said...

politics at work are unavoidable! It sucks.
ps. I tried to get a few other layouts from the blog site you used, but many wouldn't work! Sorry I thiefed your layout - but it's adorable!