Friday, November 21, 2008

If Santa Claus is coming to town this year, he’s not coming to my office!

The Holiday season is on its way...which usually means that you can expect a myriad of Holiday parties in the office. I work at a University, so not only does my specific building usually do a Holiday party, but the President of the University has one, in addition to my specific program’s annual party. That’s 3 parties right there, in addition to other dept’s parties, which if you want, you can crash. Well, bad news came via email this morning. It went something like this.
“As a result of the current financial turmoil, the University is cancelling all Holiday Parties that involve University Funds.”

Buuuummer. Last year, I went to the President’s annual Holiday Luncheon which included foods such as Chicken Cordon Bleu, Filet Mignon and everything else that spells A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Oh well, I’ll have to make my own this year and pretend that I got it for free, along with a half-day. Maybe they’ll still give us the half-day? I’m not trying to be a complainer; I understand the reasoning behind this. Not to mention, that while I can’t enjoy the phenomenal display of food fare, I realize there are many families who are struggling to figure out how they’ll be able to celebrate anything this year. This is definitely the year for people to give anything they can to the needy. Hope all those who will enjoy office parties this year, have a good time!

2 comments:

Olde Town Style Guide said...

What a bummer!!! It is good to see that people are cutting back though and being responsible. Hopefully next year things will go back to normal for you!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Well think of it this way: missing out on these parties will probably save you tons of calories too! :)